The following dignitaries have confirmed their intent to attend and participate in the 2006 Somaliland Conference hosted by the Somaliland Policy and Reconstruction Institute (SOPRI) on September 8-10, 2006 at Doubletree Hotel in Crystal City, Virginia.
Ambassador David Shinn, adjunct professor in the Elliott School of International Affairs at GWU
· Professor I.M. Lewis, London University
- Ambassador Lange Schermerhorn
- Prof. Eqbal Jhazbhay, Lecturer, University of South Africa
- Stephanie Blanton Director of Africa Program (International Republican Institute)
- Dave Peterson Director of Africa Program (National Endowment for Democracy)
- Matt Bryden Director of Africa Program (International Crisis Group)
- Prof. William Reno Program of African Studies, North Western University
- Dr. J. Peter Pham Director of the Nelson Institute, James Madison University
- Ambassador, Princeton Lyman Director, Africa Policy Studies, Council of Foreign Relation
- Dr. Jeffrey Herbst Vice president-Provost-Academic Affairs, Miami University, Ohio
- Prof.Mitsugi Endo Tokyo University, Tokyo Japan.
- Jim karygiannism, Member of Canadian Parliament
- Prof. Peter Schrader, Loyola University
- Maureen Farrell, International Republican Institute
- Steve Kibble, Head of Progressio Organization
- Assistant Professor Lee Saymour, Northwestern University
- US Government Representative
- US Congress and Senate Representative
- National and International Media Groups
The conference will demonstrate the determination of the Somaliland people and friends of Somaliland to nurture the young democratic process in Somaliland by promoting democratic values, tolerance, and political pluralism. SOPRI is humbled and gratified by the widespread support and enthusiasm shown for the 2006 Somaliland Convention. Please visit www.sopri.org to provide financial support, pay registration fees, reserve hotel room, or get detailed information about conference.
The funds raised from registration fee are the biggest source of income to pay for conference expenses; we have limited seating, so please register before it is too late. No one will be allowed to attend the conference without paying for the registration fees.
To register online by credit card, click: www.sopri.org
Convention vice Chair and Director of Media